Weddings are joyous occasions, and as we all know joyous occasions often involve pianos. The piano’s role in weddings is paramount, as marching down the aisle to the Star-Spangled Banner sets quite a different vibe than marching down the aisle to Bruno Mars’ Marry You. So what songs fit and what songs don’t for weddings? We’ve decided to find out and have concocted a list of the top 17 worst songs to play at a wedding. Kind reader, take our advice here, otherwise, expect a hurricane during the honeymoon, and not because of the weather…
1. “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” – U2
Son, you’ve just signed away your life in that case. Good luck enjoying that honeymoon with a song selection like that!
2. “What’s Love Got To Do With It” – Tina Turner
Don’t say she never told you so.
Because nothing says romance like hard-core stalking. Really, what were you thinking?
4. “Run For Your Life” – The Beatles
Not-so-subtle hint if we ever did see one.
5. You Give Love A Bad Name” – Bon Jovi
You don’t know what I’ve been through, man! >:(
6. “Who Let The Dogs Out” – Baha Men
The surest way to get slapped, by the ENTIRE bridal party.
7. “Dude Looks Like A Lady” – Aerosmith
Sometimes, the truth is stranger than fiction, homie.
8. “My Humps” – The Black Eyed Peas
Not wedding friendly. Not family friendly. Not even public friendly. Might be okay for the honeymoon though! 😉
9. “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover” – Paul Simon
Don’t go putting thoughts in his head now.
10. “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It” – R.E.M.
Just because you think it doesn’t mean it’s gotta be said out loud 😛
11. “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” – The Smiths
This may have not happened if you had a better wingman/wingwoman. #InvestWisely
12. “Gold Digger” – Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
Yes, they do exist. A pity Kanye couldn’t heed his own words. Oh yes, we went there.
13. “Suspicious Minds” – Elvis Presley
What doesn’t kill you, will probably drive you insane. If you don’t like it, DON’T put a ring on it!!
14. “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” – Journey
Well, that escalated quickly.
15. “Maneater” – Nelly Furtado
The kinda stuff even Voldemort has nightmares about.
16. “Who’s Bed Have Your Boots Been Under” – Shania Twain
Probably a rhetorical question. Definitely an unwelcome phrase. This is why you have prenups!
17. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” – Rolling Stones
Everybody loses with this one. Not even the priest can save you now :-/
So reader, do you agree with these choices? Which songs did we miss? Let us know in the comments below!