Weddings are joyous occasions, and as we all know joyous occasions often involve pianos. The piano’s role in weddings is paramount, as marching down the aisle to the Star-Spangled Banner sets quite a different vibe than marching down the aisle to Bruno Mars’ Marry You. So what songs fit and what songs don’t for weddings? We’ve decided to find out and have concocted a list of the top 17 worst songs to play at a wedding. Kind reader, take our advice here, otherwise, expect a hurricane during the honeymoon, and not because of the weather…
1. “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” – U2
Son, you’ve just signed away your life in that case. Good luck enjoying that honeymoon with a song selection like that!
2. “What’s Love Got To Do With It” – Tina Turner
Don’t say she never told you so.
Because nothing says romance like hard-core stalking. Really, what were you thinking?
4. “Run For Your Life” – The Beatles
Not-so-subtle hint if we ever did see one.
5. You Give Love A Bad Name” – Bon Jovi
You don’t know what I’ve been through, man! >:(
6. “Who Let The Dogs Out” – Baha Men
The surest way to get slapped, by the ENTIRE bridal party.
7. “Dude Looks Like A Lady” – Aerosmith
Sometimes, the truth is stranger than fiction, homie.
8. “My Humps” – The Black Eyed Peas
Not wedding friendly. Not family friendly. Not even public friendly. Might be okay for the honeymoon though! 😉
9. “50 Ways To Leave Your Lover” – Paul Simon
Don’t go putting thoughts in his head now.
10. “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It” – R.E.M.
Just because you think it doesn’t mean it’s gotta be said out loud 😛
11. “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” – The Smiths
This may have not happened if you had a better wingman/wingwoman. #InvestWisely
12. “Gold Digger” – Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
Yes, they do exist. A pity Kanye couldn’t heed his own words. Oh yes, we went there.
13. “Suspicious Minds” – Elvis Presley
What doesn’t kill you, will probably drive you insane. If you don’t like it, DON’T put a ring on it!!
14. “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) – Journey
Well, that escalated quickly.
15. “Maneater” – Nelly Furtado
The kinda stuff even Voldemort has nightmares about.
16. “Who’s Bed Have Your Boots Been Under” – Shania Twain
Probably a rhetorical question. Definitely an unwelcome phrase. This is why you have prenups!
17. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” – Rolling Stones
Everybody loses with this one. Not even the priest can save you now :-/
So reader, do you agree with these choices? Which songs did we miss? Let us know in the comments below!
Get the FREE OnlinePianist app!
OnlinePianist is an intuitive online piano app that allows you to learn popular songs through a virtual piano interface which can also be paired with a physical piano (keyboard). Using the online keyboard, you can play your favourite songs on piano, online or offline. Updated regularly, featuring thousands of songs that are presented as vibrant keyboard (piano) tutorials showcased by dazzling piano notes, sleek piano chords, and a selection of meticulous sheet music. Available on desktop, iOS and Android devices, learn how to play piano the OnlinePianist way!